Listed below are the top five key tips provided by Social Media Today to make sure that your LinkedIn profile photo will help in gathering prospective clients and customers.
- Be professional.
- Avoid using cropped photos of yourself. Use a clear, high-quality head shot of yourself dressed in a business attire.
- Keep it simple!
- Remember to use a simple, white background for your photo.
- Avoid over the top accessories.
- Do not wear sunglasses, big earrings, fancy hats, and other accessories that will make you look unprofessional. Take note that people want to see someone whom they can trust at first glance (which means they need to see someone who’s professional looking).
- A smiling face indicates someone who’s welcoming, friendly and easy to talk to. Flash those bright smiles!
- Hire a photographer.
- According to LinkedIn, users who have a professional headshot get 14 times more views than those without. Displaying a professional photo will make you look serious and competent for a certain job.
Source: Nemo, J. (2017, January 8). 5 Ways to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile Photo (and Why it's So Important). Social Media Today. Retrieved from http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-networks/5-ways-improve-your-linkedin-profile-photo-and-why-its-so-important.