The first use of emojis started in smartphone SMS threads, but now they’re everywhere. Emojis continue to spread all over social media networks. It plays a vital role in social media marketing. Here are ways you can take advantage of emojis.
- Copy & Responses – Emojis are mostly used in text. Whether it be in captions, descriptions, comments, tweets… there really is no limit to emoji use. But how can you stand out? One way is to substitute your text with emojis – just be careful that your message doesn’t lose meaning. Have a little fun with your online followers by dropping the text all together and using emojis to reply. It might be a little challenging but it is surely a fun way of conversing.
- Instagram Profiles – Some Instagram influencers use emojis in their bio profile. It will grab the attention of your fans to check out your other social channels.
- Instagram Hashtags – Hashtags dominate Instagram kingdom, but did you know that your hashtags can include emojis too? You can find a user who use the same emoji as you.
- Tumblr Tags – Just like Instagram, Tumblr also makes use of emoji hashtags. Use emojis to your advantage by joining in the emoji fun.
- Snapchat – Give your Snaps and stories a face-lift by adding emojis. Resize and rotate as you want and see where it fits.
- Twitter Stickers – Twitter recently revamped their page as they added a Stickers feature, which you can add to photos.
- Twitter Ads Targeting – Emoji keyword targeting to “target people who have recently tweeted or engaged with tweets featuring emojis”. You can determine the sentiment of a tweet or target people who are tweeting certain emojis.
Emojis have come a long way ever since they were first invented. It turned out to be a part of internet language over the years, so it just makes sense that you make use of emojis as part of your brand and content.
Dunn, M. (2016, October 5). How You Should Be Using Emojis on Social Media. Social Media Today. Retrieved from https://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-networks/how-you-should-be-using-emojis-social-media.