Slack is a corporate-friendly chat client application which you can use to deliver and communicate well in your workplace or anywhere. What can you do with it?
- Open channel conversation
- Upload files
- Drop links
- Forward emails
- Search particular documents
- Work progress
To add, items also are integrated to places where you need them.
Slack is recommended to lessen corporate work. It is a hassle-free way to communicate around your department. Sticking with email is essential in the way we communicate to external or the outside world. However, it is hard to keep up in terms of communication as much of it cannot be considered real time. You cannot easily create a quick reply. Also, it is not possible for your message to reach a specific person or department that requires the attention of your message aka the "Reply All". Slack keeps everyone going on in the conversation, brainstorming, or whatever needed work to be done. That is why companies manage their communication through platforms like Skype, Google Hangouts, and most notably Slack which features the following according Google Play Store's description:
- Real time messaging and file sharing for one-to-one and group conversations
- Powerful search and archiving, so you can find information easily
- Hundreds of integrations with apps ad services including Dropbox, Asana, Google Drive, Twitter, Zendesk and more
- Instant syncs across all devices
- Configurable notifications for desktop, mobile, and email
- Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive
Slack received praises from several big media companies. "There are two types of people in the world: those who have never heard of Slack, and those who can't imagine a life without it.", said by The Guardian. Meanwhile, Michael Villasenor, the Creative Director of The New York Times stated, "Can't praise it enough. Slack transformed the way we work together at The New York Times."
Plante, C. (2016, April 5). What is Slack, why is everybody using it, and will it destroy my work-life balance?. The Verge. Retrieved from http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/5/11368864/slack-app-messaging-how-to
Slack Technologies Inc. Slack. Google Play. Retrieved from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Slack&hl=en
Photo source: http://blog.trackduck.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/sl.jpg