Famous personalities use Twitter to interact with their fans and to post updates regarding their latest projects. But if you’re not a recognized individual, how can you make others follow your Twitter account?
Twitter is a unique social media site that has certain limitations. As an example, you are only allowed to tweet in 140 characters and have a short bio. There are other restrictions but you can still make an eye-catching Twitter account through five simple steps:
- Use a recognizable Twitter profile picture
- A unique Twitter profile picture can help distinguish your account from others. This creates a more interesting Twitter profile which helps entice others to follow your account.
- Update your Twitter bio regularly
- By including specific and relevant keywords in your bio, your profile might be included in top Twitter search results. This help boost visibility and add more visitors to your Twitter profile.
- Update your Twitter profile link
- You can generate traffic to a web page on your own site through your Twitter profile link. This may redirect visitors to an email subscription page or upcoming event.
- Use a distinct Twitter profile header
- Putting a Twitter profile header that tells your cause or highlights your current campaign can help show your persona. For others, they may use an artistic header to show their creative nature.
- Pin your best tweet to your Twitter profile
- Your best and most interactive tweet should be pinned to your Twitter profile to make it more attractive. It should constantly be replaced to one that is more engaging, current, and relevant.
BONUS: Verify your Twitter profile
A verified Twitter account has a blue checkmark beside their username. This immediately lets people know that your account is credible and authentic.
Source: Haydon, J. (2017, August 15). 5 Simple Tips for a More Impressive Twitter Profile. Social Media Today. Retrieved from http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-networks/5-simple-tips-more-impressive-twitter-profile.