With Facebook’s ever expanding sidebar, a weather forecast will be included in the shortcut menu. You may notice a simple weather news in some places in Facebook, but with limited information given. This new update by Facebook allows its users to have an access on a weather bulletin just like Apple’s Weather App and Yahoo Weather. The following details will be expected with the latest update.
- Your current location will be the default setting for the weather feature – you can add location on the setting in the top right portion of the display and switch your selected locations in the settings tab
- It also allows you to change the temperature to whether Celsius or Fahrenheit
- On its desktop version, weather news will be located in the sidebar of your newsfeed
- An hourly forecast for a specific day with the update in fluctuations of temperature
- A five-day weather forecast
- Link of Weather Company’s website is at the bottom of the feature, since the interface is from the Weather Company’s application program.
Aside from events and holidays, Weather Bulletin will also be part of the notification. By March, iOS, Android and desktop users will be able to enjoy this update.
Source: Shah, S. (2017, February 9.) Facebook now lets you check the weather forecast on mobile and desktop. Digital Trends. Retrieved from http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/facebook-weather-forecast-app/.