Having a difficulty on how to start your brand’s social media strategy? Here’s a brief process that will help you build your strategy:
Choose the right social media platform
- Consider your industry, target consumers, budget, and time. Having the following information will help on what social media platform will work for your brand.
Number of postings
- Posting often is not advisable for your followers might tend to get annoyed. Posting too much might be the cause on why they’ll unfollow your brand. Listed below are the recommended number of postings depending on the social media platform.
- Facebook – 3 to 4 times a week
- Instagram – 3 to 4 times a week
- Twitter – 1 to 2 times a day
- LinkedIn – Once a day
Type of postings
- Posting too much about one’s products and services will make your followers feel that you’re forcing them to buy it. Try mixing your postings! (e.g. blog posts, holiday specials and greetings, discounts and promos)
- Always remember to make your posting interesting and relevant to your audiences!
Optimize your social media profiles for local search
- When creating a profile in social media, do not forget to place your business name, address, phone number, website URL, and business category.
Social media is indeed an alternative way to interact with your target market. That’s why it is important to maintain your brand’s active presence through postings and promotions.
Source: Andersen, I. (2017, June 26). 4 Fundamental Tips to Help Maximize Your Social Media Marketing Process. Social Media Today. Retrieved from http://www.socialmediatoday.com/marketing/4-fundamental-tips-help-maximize-your-social-media-marketing-process.