Last September 13 (Tuesday), Instagram added improved functionality on their latest feature, Stories.
Instagram Stories currently has 100 million daily active users and all of them will be surprised for Instagram further enhanced the said feature in its version 9.3. The following added functions are as follows.
- Save photos and videos that were posted as Stories
- Users will now be able to save the photos and videos they posted from their Stories to the camera roll. To do this, you need to tap the gear icon in the Stories interface, then activate “Save Shared Photos” button. All of your Stories will be automatically saved in your phone storage. However, the user doesn’t have the option to select which Stories they will be able to save. Just do some sorting and delete those you don’t want to keep!
- Mute option
- Users can now also mute people’s Stories. Once you select ‘Mute’ on a specific account’s Instagram story, the specific user’s Story bubble will be moved to the end of your Stories queue. It will no longer appear as one of the firsts unless you un-mute it.
- Choose your favorite color!
- Users can now choose a color when adding text to their Stories. Users will be able to select different text colors as soon as they press the text option. In addition, users will get more specific variations on a spectrum when they tap and hold a specific color.
Update your current Instagram version to 9.3 to experience this latest feature!
Hutchinson, A. (2016, September 13). Instagram Adds Mute, Save and Colored Text Options to Stories. Social Media Today. Retrieved from http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-networks/instagram-adds-mute-save-and-colored-text-options-stories.